Friday, September 2, 2011

OMG! Jennifer Lawrence aka Katniss Everdeen!


Jennifer Lawrence
Sent: 06/06/11
Received: 09/02/11
Address used: "The Hunger Games" set address, no longer valid

Comments: OMG! I swear to God, I never thought I'd get this back, and especially with such a cool inscription, but wow! To find this in the mail after coming home from DragonCon was like the icing on the cake! Jennifer is a great actress (just watch "Winter's Bone") and I love what I've seen of her personality on talk shows. I haven't seen many TTM successes reported from Jennifer -- but granted, she's a fairly new star and might not have received many requests. I saw where many people were getting their requests to the HG production office sent back RTS (return to sender, unopened) so I figured I wouldn't get mine back at all since it was sent so long ago. As far as I can tell from comparing it to in-person sigs, this may or may not be authentic. I can't find any signatures from Jennifer on the web that look alike! Based on the inscription, whoever signed it also read my letter. I teased and said that those yankees, the North Caroliners, had better treat her right while she's there or they'd have me to answer to (I live in a neighboring state). And for this inscription to be on a picture of Katniss is just amazing, if it's real. Best autograph day EVER! (If anyone has an authentic, in-person signature from her, please let me know. Id love to compare them!)

Update: After much debate and comparisons to other signatures on the fanmail.biz forums, the majority opinion now is that this is indeed a real signature. I don't know how I was so lucky to get such a cool inscription, but this has been bumped up to my favorite all-time autograph.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its real Angie. I happened to see her going through mail and personally signing autographs. She tries really hard to answer personally. In between shoots in her trailer she devoted her time to mail.

Lebeau2501 said...

I think she's a perfect fit. I'm looking forward to this movie. She was one of the three good actors in X-men

Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you this but Jennifer Lawrence gets her secretary to sign all her autographs TTM for her. She got way too much once she was casted for the Hunger Games. Despite the previous poster saying that she signed it she didn't sign it.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky. I asked Jennifer at a mall tour appearance if she answered her fan mail, and she said she isn't able to anymore. She has an assistant help her do it now, which means they're all secs. I asked if she'd signed the ones sent to The Hunger Games set (I got one back from there, too), and she said yes, all of those were really her replies. You got this just in time!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,
I was just wondering how you found the Hunger Games set address?
I am aware it's not applicable anymore but I was just wondering how you found it!