Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A big-screen legend: Doris Day!




Doris Day
Sent: 2/16/11
Received: 2/28/11
Address used: http://ddaf.org/dd/

Comments: I've become quite the fan of classic cinema, and Doris Day is a living screen legend I knew I needed for my autograph collection if I wanted to hold my head up high. The star of such films as "Pillow Talk" and "Calamity Jane," Ms. Day is an icon of cinema. However, I discovered she started an animal welfare foundation, a cause near and dear to my heart (and something that only made me like her more). I made a small donation to the foundation via its website and added a note asking if Ms. Day accepted autograph requests, and if so, where to write. A couple of weeks later, this autograph arrived along with a brochure about the foundation. The signature on the 8x10 she sent me doesn't totally match the signature on the brochure, but I'm happy to receive this success anyway. The picture alone is worth a great deal!

No comments: